When and where do the courses happen?
The courses happen during school term time. All sessions take place at HorseWorld’s yard in Whitchurch, South Bristol (BS14 0QL).
How long is a course and the sessions?
Most students will come for 6 weekly sessions, where they’ll learn basics of horse handling and care, grooming, putting on a saddle and bridle, long-reining and tackling obstacles.
If learning in a group setting isn’t appropriate for a student, they can attend 1-2-1 sessions with a Discovery facilitator.
Each session, whether group or 1-2-1 lasts for around 90 minutes. We can arrange sessions throughout the academic year, and each course can be tailored to meet the needs of the individual or the group.
How much do Discovery courses cost?
Cost contributions 2023-2024 for 6 weeks
- £1068 for a group of up to 6 learners referred together, 6-week course, across one term
- £600 for an individual referral (one-to-one facilitation), 6-week course, across one term
- £1200 for an individual referral (one-to-one facilitation), 12-week course across two consecutive terms
- £396 for a 1 hour session per week, students aged 6-8yrs, 6-week course, across one term
- £792 for a 1 hour session per week, students aged 6-8yrs, 12-week course, across two consecutive terms
Please contact us for an informal chat about costs and the alternative ways in which we can support your learners/children.
What have been the outcomes of Discovery?
Analysis of data collected between 2012 and 2018 demonstrates that the results achieved by Discovery are nothing short of outstanding;
- 100% of students showed an increase in communication skills
- 93% of students reported an increase in their self-esteem
- 91% of students felt highly or very highly engaged with the Discovery course
- 87% of students demonstrated a definite improvement in their sense of achievement
- 81% reported that Discovery has had a positive impact on the student’s life beyond the course
“Before Discovery, I couldn’t leave the house. I didn’t know what to do,” Sophie – Discovery Student
“Thank you, Discovery, for giving me the confidence to talk to others,” Josh – Discovery Student
“I suddenly found myself being able to communicate with people. I found joy in things again and, most importantly, I found I suddenly had a feeling of hope for the future,” Christina – Discovery Student
“School has always been a really negative experience for me. Discovery gives me something positive to focus on,” - Phoebe, Discovery Student