HorseWorld Trust (‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is HorseWorld Trust of Delmar Hall, Keynes Farm, Staunton Lane, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0QL.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Petra Ingram.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect the following categories of information about you:-
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We may collect and process the data when you:
• Fill in forms on our website www.horseworld.org.uk (our Site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to purchase goods from our Site, making donations, subscribing to our newsletter, registering for Horse Alerts, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
• Engage with us at our Open Days and external events that we attend. For example you may sign up to receive information from us or sign a petition against cruelty to horses.
• Engage with us through our online petitions and competitions.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To notify you about changes to our website and the services we provide.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (like our online shop; job opportunities and information about horses that become available for rehoming) and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer or supporter, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which you have already shown an interest in.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please contact us at email@example.com for the attention of the Data Management Officer.
Cookies enable us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• speed up your searches.
• recognise you when you return to our Site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the European Union. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If HorseWorld Trust or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• Contractors (e.g. to send out our newsletter and animal adoption updates)
You have the right to be informed that we hold your personal data and how we use it.
You have the right of access to know what personal data we have for you.
You have the right to update and correct your personal data.
You have the right to request removal of your data.Please be aware that we may have to keep some of your data to comply with the law or for HMRC purposes but we will evaluate your request within applicable data protection laws.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to object to automated individual decision-making and profiling.
If you wish to access any of these rights please contact the Data Management Officer, HorseWorld Trust, Delmar Hall, Keynes Farm, Staunton Lane, Whitchurch, Bristol, BS14 0QL giving as much information as possible to help us identify the information you require.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our handling of your personal data with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: +44 (0) 01625 545745 Website: www.ico.org.uk
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Revised Feb 2021