Many thanks for your interest in re-homing an animal in need.
Please carefully read the following terms and conditions of our loan agreements. They are legally binding and therefore we urge you to take some time to read them before progressing your interest.
HorseWorld is referred to as ‘the Owner’ and Loaners are referred to as ‘the Borrower’ in the following:
• That the Owner or their representative shall have the access and the right to inspect the loaned equine at any time.
• That should the Borrower wish to move or relocate the loaned equine, they must inform the Owner prior to moving, so that the Owner can inspect and approve the new premises.
• That the Borrower will provide the equine with proper food, stabling and attendance and to do all that is necessary to keep it in sound health and condition.
• That the Borrower will notify the Owner immediately should the Borrower be unable to continue to provide such a required environment as described in above.
• That the Borrower will ensure that a programme of proper foot treatment is available from a registered farrier in order to maintain healthy and balanced feet and that records are kept.
• That the Borrower will ensure that a proper health plan is implemented to include the worming, vaccination (against equine flu and tetanus) and dental care of the equine and that records are kept.
• That a proper grazing plan is implemented to ensure that sufficient grazing and turnout areas are available and free from dangerous and/or diseased livestock or vegetation e.g., Ragwort.
• That adequate shelter is available throughout the year both at stable or when turned-out at grass
• Not to breed from the equine under any circumstances
• To ensure that the equine has an equine companion.
• That a qualified Veterinary Surgeon shall be consulted by the Borrower in every case of sickness, accident, disability or disease and that their advice is followed. All veterinary fees so incurred will be the responsibility of the Borrower.
• That no warranty is given by the Owner as to the fitness of the equine for any purpose and that the Borrower shall indemnify the Owner against any claim for injury or damage caused by the equine.
• That in the event of the equine suffering a serious illness or accident and a Veterinary Surgeon, or the Owner upon a inspection, advising that it is necessary for the equine to be destroyed in order to avoid further suffering, the Borrower will have the equine destroyed. The Borrower will immediately inform the owner and supply full details of the situation and date of destruction and forward to the owner any relevant documentation, including the veterinary certificate authorising the destruction and detailing the circumstances. All costs will be incurred by the Borrower.
• The equine will be kept at the Borrowers risk and the Borrower will take out adequate insurance cover that at minimum must cover 3rd party insurance.
• That all transportation costs are to be the responsibility of the Borrower.
• That the Owner shall be entitled to terminate this agreement without warning and to take back into its care the equine described in this schedule should any of the above points be breached or if in the opinion of the Owner the health or happiness of the equine is compromised.
• That this agreement can be terminated by either the Borrower or Owner at any time by giving not less than one months notice in writing to the other party.
• The Borrower understands that the Owner does not accept any liability for any damages to persons or property which might be caused by the equine while it is in the Borrowers care.
• The placement fee is non-refundable.